Stitchin', Schoolin' and Stuff

Random musings and down right silly fodder from one extremely disorganized southern gal... no accounting for taste. Homeschooling Mom of 4 and VERY proud of it!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

It's that time again!!!

Every few weeks or so I go into my 'withdrawal' mode. I have been told it is kind of like my 'leave me the h*@% alone' mode. I email and post pretty much as usual but I don't answer the phone. I don't really want to talk to anyone. People will call and I will see their name come up on the caller id and I freeze. I don't answer. They leave a message. I check it but I don't call back. Most people consider me a very social person but nahhhh... not at all. Who knows, I am weird like that! Of course, my anxiety is acting up again so that is probably part of it. That or I am just insane. Hmmm... maybe that is it! I like that story. hehehehe

Oh, I think we found a new church. We all went two Sundays ago and then this past Sunday just me and the kids went and so far we like it. Funny thing is this, I went to school with the pastor. And in school he was soooo far from being a pastor . It is amazing how God can work in ones life. Anyway... first time we went I didn't actually come face to face with him but this past time, I did. During the greet he came around and shook hands with me and the boys. I could see a slight flicker of recognition on his face. Now, mind you, it isn't like we hung out or were friends or even ran in the same circles but I did 'know' him. (Funny side note: I don't know where I first heard this term used but everytime I use it or hear it used I picture people tied to a maypole walking in circles... see, I told you I was insane). I am also guessing since I was a cheerleader I think he may remember my name if nothing else. BAHAHAHAHAHA But, I digress. After the service he was in the lobby and receiving people. I tried to get around him and he stopped me and shook my hand. He kept saying "Good to see you, good to have you..." and staring at me. D says I am mean for not putting the poor guy out of his misery but I mean, come on, there were people behind me!!! In some strange way, I think this may be the right church because of him.

Backstory here, if you are still reading my mindless dribble... I was well known in school but not popular. I didn't have a whole lot of friends and really have to admit that I didn't like highschool at all. It is a part of my life that I try to forgot most of the time. So somewhere in my warped mind I feel like this is a strange way of helping me come to terms with my better forgotten past and move on. That and he is one heck of a preacher. I have never, ever been to a service where I didn't feel as though I was being 'preached at' but he isn't like that at all!!! He gets you into what he is saying and he really keeps you on the edge of your seat and into what he is saying. He is incredible... So, for some strange reason I think this is where we belong. And the nursery people remembered the baby's name the second time! It was really nice. She is usually funny with people she doesn't know. She is a >>little<<> spoiled but was a dream for them.

Anyway, I will close for now. I am way past my allotted time for today and didn't use near the big, intelligent words I should have for this post. I hope I haven't lost anyone on this one. LOL I promise, I am usually funnier than this!

6 Comments:

Blogger Miriam Pauline said...

I totally understand the withdrawing. I'm an introvert living an extrovert's life and so often I need to just pull back and not talk and not be touched by other people. Doesn't last long, but it is vital to re-energizing.

I'm glad you are finding a church. Put the pastor out of his misery--it might be part of the journey to dealing with high school days. (Aren't you glad we never have to go there again? I know I am)

12:19 AM  
Blogger . said...

I'm with mipa and you...I'm the same way and I feel a withdrawal coming on, only I call it hibernation. I try to ward it off but it's not easy. (((Hugs))) I'm insane too ;)

3:52 AM  
Blogger _ said...

I get like that at times too, Tina. Sometimes I just don't feel like talking to anyone although with me it can extend beyond the phone to email and posting as well. I'll read/listen but won't answer. I'm not sure what triggers it in me.

The church sounds great. Hope things work out there for you guys.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I think we're all a bunch of introverts who can fake being extroverts pretty well!

7:29 AM  
Blogger Jaime said...

(((HUGS))
it sounds like you have found a great church. I will say a prayer for you. Please put the man out of his misery and tell him who you are.
well said Margaret!

9:26 AM  
Blogger _ said...

I agree wholeheartedly, Margaret.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home