Stitchin', Schoolin' and Stuff

Random musings and down right silly fodder from one extremely disorganized southern gal... no accounting for taste. Homeschooling Mom of 4 and VERY proud of it!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama

Friday, October 20, 2006

The best laid plans...


What a laughable concept - especially in MY house! LOL Yesterday my baby girl turned ONE YEAR OLD - I can't believe it. This little one that created such an uproar when she came into our lives is now something we all cannot live without. For that we are all very thankful! She had three shots yesterday and is weighing at 21 lbs 7 oz and a whopping 29 inches long - GOODNESS! I had every intention of taking the boys across the bay to a park day with our homeschool group this morning but of course, the little one woke with a fever so we are skipping it today.

On the stitching front, another plan shot all to bits!!! I have wish list over at the crazy place and one of my dear friends gifted me with a pattern I have been eyeing for a while. It is by Katidid Designs and while it is not my usually style, I just loved it when I saw it! Little did I know that when it landed in my mail box yesterday it would disrupt my whole "stitchy groove". I planned it to be a next year project but after looking it over, I was compelled to convert all of the over dyeds to Vicki Clayton silks and order them on the spot. I also pulled out a lovely piece of Enchanted Fabric's hand painted jobelan in Cafe Mocha to stitch it on ~sigh~. So, I guess I will be stalking my postman for those threads because when the arrive, I have no doubt I will drop all of the rest of my stitching to start it that very second. LOL

We have nothing on tap this weekend and I am so happy about that! Of course, I am also a little worried that perhaps I neglected to write something down. Surely I am forgetting SOMETHING since our calendar seldom lacks for a day that doesn't have something scribbled in between the little black lines. But, we have a HUGE weekend next weekend with my parents taking the boys to the fair, my inlaws coming into town, my youngest son having a soccer game in the am on Saturday, my baby having her party that afternoon and then the oldest boys going to a sleep over Saturday night. ~whew~ Makes me tired just THINKING about it!!! Maybe that is why our blocks are bare this weekend.

I am sure I will find a reason to write more later since I didn't yesterday. That and this entry seems a little lackluster coming me and my sparkling self so stay tuned. (Again with the laughing? What nice friends I have!!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

Ooooooh I like that Cafe Mocha. heeheehee. Perfect choice. That's a really cool chart and I can't wait to see you stitch it!

10:49 AM  
Blogger _ said...

oh yes, the best laid plans never seem to work out here either. Have fun with your new pattern even though it's put you out of sorts with your stitching plans.

12:40 PM  
Blogger . said...

the crazy place? Where is this crazy place? I'm crazy I need to join you at the crazy place *giggle* I never heard it referred to as such, it's totally right on lol...happy stitching your new piece, it's lovely!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Jaime said...

I really like that chart and thinking about adding it to my to do list.... enjoy your nice quiet weekend.
I have a bone to pick with you. I was lurking on the 12 days polls and saw yours. I completely forgot about all of those MBTD patterns that I wanted. Thanks alot! LOL
(((HUGS)))

I am ROTFL on the "crazy place" reference.

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home