Stitchin', Schoolin' and Stuff

Random musings and down right silly fodder from one extremely disorganized southern gal... no accounting for taste. Homeschooling Mom of 4 and VERY proud of it!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama

Saturday, January 27, 2007

The Wedding Sampler

Big D never takes too much of an interest in my stitching. The closest he has ever come is 1) rolling his eyes when I get new stash in the mail and 2) mentioning that I haven't ever stitched for him when I make a gift for someone else. Well, in November we got an invitation to a wedding for a friend he works with... the couple has been together forever and have two children but had never actually gotten married. With invite in hand, D casually mentioned that maybe I could make them something "you know, like a stitched something". I was excited that he had made the request so I labored for a few days over the perfect pattern, fabric, etc. I started the piece and daily, I kid you not, DAILY he would ask my progress. I has gotten about 3/4's the way done. Then Aaron passed and I had to put it on hold. When I got ready to stitch again, right before Christmas, he then requested I stitch an Elvis pattern for his sister that I had printed a month or so earlier. So, I stitched that for our Christmas with his family. The wedding came and went without the gift being completed. I finally picked it up again and now it is DONE!!! It is done an ice blue fabric with Snowflake thread (hints of blue and pink). I had added some blue in and thought it was done. Today I went back in and accented with pink which made a HUGE difference. Now to get it framed without screwing it up. ROTFL I sure hope they like it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home