Stitchin', Schoolin' and Stuff

Random musings and down right silly fodder from one extremely disorganized southern gal... no accounting for taste. Homeschooling Mom of 4 and VERY proud of it!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama

Sunday, January 14, 2007

5 Hospital Days...

We made it home tonight from our 5 day hospital stay. Just me and T hanging out while Big D had the other 3 at home. Last night T and I had an amazing conversation. Earlier in the day when my Aunt came to visit him she was asking him about going home - I chimed in and said that I was sure he was ready to go home because he was probably sick of all the "Mommy time". He looked at me so seriously, with eyes so full of love and quietly said "No, I love being with you. I could be here with you all the time!" My Aunt said Awwww... which made him blush. He then added that if baby T was here too, it would be perfect and he would never want to leave. This made me smile because through surgery, bad hospital food, having to be bathed by Mom and being stuck in a bed he only thought of it as wonderful because he got to be with me. It was just that simple.

He ask me if we could start our "date nights" again like we did when we lived in Texas. Once, every other week, I would take one boy out with me for a "date" - when we moved back to Alabama, we stopped them. I told him we could surely start them again! Tonight after we got home, he didn't run off to play games (or rather watch the other boys play games) in their room, instead, he sat on the couch, next to me almost all evening until his bed time. Several times we would catch each others eye and he would smile. I love that smile.

I think sometimes we forget, especially if you have mutiple children, that they need and crave time and attention from us as their parents. I believe that we get so caught up in everday life that we often neglect something that is so easy and so fulfilling - spending one on one time with our children. While I would have rather him not have been hurt at all, I suspect that maybe God took this opportunity to remind me how special and wonderful my children are and how much I love being with them. No expectations, no schoolwork, no chores... just Mommy and Me. I am so blessed to have them and lately more and more He has been sending me little reminders of how much they love and need me and how much I NEED and cherish them!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

That is just so sweet! I hope T is feeling better.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Miriam Pauline said...

Lovely to see the good that comes out of a bad situation. Praying that everything heals quickly and that he continues to do so well.

12:36 AM  
Blogger _ said...

I think we do tend to forget how much they like spending time with us. Thanks for the reminder, Tina. I'm glad he made it through the surgery okay and that he's doing okay. (((Hugs)))

10:50 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Sounds like it was a wonderful experience despite the physical trauma!

8:15 PM  
Blogger Jaime said...

aww. that is so sweet. what a great kid!
enjoy your date nights again

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home