Stitchin', Schoolin' and Stuff

Random musings and down right silly fodder from one extremely disorganized southern gal... no accounting for taste. Homeschooling Mom of 4 and VERY proud of it!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama

Sunday, January 07, 2007

New Year... New Decisions...

After the service today I went and picked the baby up from nursery and the two youngest boys up from Christ's Crusaders. Before putting them in the car, I decided to make my way back to the foyer to talk to the Pastor. I told him we were ready to discuss membership with him. So, it looks like the end of this month we will start our membership classes and by the beginning of next month we will be members! I am so excited and a little nervous. I have not been a member anywhere since my oldest was born 13 years ago. YIKES!

As the pastor said in his sermon today, we all have a thirst for worship and while other things may give us "Snickers short term Satisfaction" only the Lord Jesus Christ can quench that thirst! This year is sure to bring new things for our family.

Through great saddness, comes great joy. The decision was one I had been grappling with but the events of the past month made it for me. My greatest comfort has been from my faith in Him and the knowledge that my brother was welcomed with opened arms.

4 Comments:

Blogger Miriam Pauline said...

I am so glad you have found a place to worship and that you want to "belong" at. Worship with other believers gives us those short term boosts to cope with the mundane. But the life with Jesus, that is sustainable.

You'll see Aaron again. But it is ok to miss him too. Take comfort in where he is. ((HUGS))

12:16 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

HUGS and prayers for strength and peace. I'm so glad you've made this decision to be a more integral part of this church!

4:43 AM  
Blogger _ said...

I'm so glad that you have found a church that you feel comfortable with. Enjoy your new membership there. (((Hugs)))

4:45 AM  
Blogger my4blessings said...

I so support you in this step toward membership. It's an awesome privilege to find your church family. (((HUGS))) as you continue to grieve.

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home