Stitchin', Schoolin' and Stuff

Random musings and down right silly fodder from one extremely disorganized southern gal... no accounting for taste. Homeschooling Mom of 4 and VERY proud of it!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The days without my boys...

Matthew 19:13-15
Then children were brought to him that he might lay his hands on them and pray. The disciples rebuked the people; but Jesus said, "Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them; for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven." And he laid his hands on them and went away.

I am often curious about the reaction I get from people when the children say they are homeschooled. Usually, people wonder and comment on being with my children all of the time and whether I am in need of a "break" from them. When thinking of the verses in Matthew, I wonder if perhaps the disciples were trying to keep the children away so that they would not bother or disrupt Jesus. I find it comforting to know that in his eyes they are no bother. His love is big enough for all. As a mother and as a Christian trying my best to be more like him, I cherish the time I have with my children. I am sad when they are away and even in my most trying times, I step back. He gave me these children as a gift and he never takes a "break" from me no matter how difficult I may be at times. I am thankful for his love and thankful for my children.

Tomorrow my older boys come home after having spent 3 days with their Dad. I have missed them so much and have spent most of the time thinking of them. Even with only half of my kiddos gone, the emptyness is evident. We all miss them and I can't wait to have them home. I can only imagine that He misses all of his children as well and can't wait for us to come home.

4 Comments:

Blogger Miriam Pauline said...

My friend you have no idea how much I needed to *hear* this today. Thank you! And give your boys and extra hug as a welcome home!

11:47 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I think that's one reason I'm slow to sign us up for after school activities this year. I'm treasuring that time with my kids!

6:55 AM  
Blogger my4blessings said...

A beautiful post! I so agree with you and I think your observations about the disciples and Jesus are bang on! I have to remember, though, that Jesus did need to retreat sometimes. It's finding that balance and knowing that He tends to every need that is the challenge. Enjoy welcoming those boys home.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Jaime said...

what a beautiful post. I need that reminder.
((HUGS)) I am sure the boys missed you just as much as you missed them!
Renee hit it right on too!

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home