Stitchin', Schoolin' and Stuff

Random musings and down right silly fodder from one extremely disorganized southern gal... no accounting for taste. Homeschooling Mom of 4 and VERY proud of it!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

"Mommy, I LIKE going to school with you!"

LOL

Music to my ears today. Little D is doing pretty well, I think. He doesn't sit and do long periods of work but instead does 2 or 3 worksheets, plays for while, reads a few books, plays some more and then comes back for more workheets. I am already pulling 1st grade worksheets for him in Math and while I was planning on buying a boxed curriculum to start with him after Christmas, I now hesitate because I think a K set may be a waste of money. Guess I need to start researching again. Fun, fun...

On another note I heard a new tactic today for trying to "talk" me out of homeschooling. Mom told me that she was discussing me pulling D out this week with a friend of hers who said "Goodness, she has 12 more years to go!" Mom said "I didn't even THINK about it until she said it... that is a LONG time!" I chuckled a little and let her keep talking. Actually, as big D and I discussed tonight, I have about 18 more years of it since T is only a year old. But, hey, no need to mention that just yet.

But, truth be known, I have to give Mom some credit it was a nice try and actually not one I had heard before... A for effort. hehehehe

I am getting used to it and we are all getting better with our comebacks. After my Meme saw Dr Phil the other day she told us all about the girl who had her life ruined because she wasn't prom queen or cheerleader. D looked at me and said "Wow, good thing D probably won't want to be either of those things!"

5 Comments:

Blogger Miriam Pauline said...

rofl at the new tactics. You hang in there (although some days I do panic at how long this school stuff will take, lol). Tell your Meme I went to PS, and I wasn't prom queen or cheerleader and it didn't ruin my life. But a lot of my insecurities from PS and not being that popular could have ruined my life if I had chosen to let it.

12:29 AM  
Blogger _ said...

Good try on her part. Definitely have to give her credit. LOL And I was never prom queen or a cheerleader and I went to public school and I think I turned out okay. =)

6:50 AM  
Blogger Jaime said...

lol...
I am so happy that everything is going well for your family and homeschooling.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Good comeback!! Hang tight. You are doing what's right for your family!

2:44 PM  
Blogger my4blessings said...

Is it too late for me to be prom queen? What about an almost-34-year-old cheerleader?? Ahhh, the things our homeschoolers would never think of are the things that others think are so important!
As for a K curriculum, you might think of the very economical set by Rod & Staff. It's a package of 6 workbooks that give an excellent variety of activities.

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home