Stitchin', Schoolin' and Stuff

Random musings and down right silly fodder from one extremely disorganized southern gal... no accounting for taste. Homeschooling Mom of 4 and VERY proud of it!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama

Thursday, November 16, 2006

The Clothing Fairy...

Today the kids and I stopped at the library to return and check out books. As we were leaving I saw T asking a lady politely to be excused as she was standing in front of the drop book for returned books. I noticed that after speaking to him and apologizing that she was sizing him up.

We went out to the car, the boys got in and I was hooking in the baby. Suddenly I hear "Excuse me, Miss?" I turn around and it is the same lady from inside pulled up behind me in a top of the line SUV. She apologizes for being so forward and says that something possessed her to stop me. She said that she was on her way to take some clothes her son had outgrown to the local private school for a sale. Apparently, T looked to be a little smaller than her son and she said that she would love to leave them with me if I would like them. She explained that they were all pressed and hung on hangers and again said she was sorry for approaching me. She kept saying that something was telling her to approach me.

I told her that I would be happy to have them if she was sure it was okay. She got out of her car, opened the back and pulled out a bunch of hangers. On them were two what appear to be almost brand new pairs of Gap jeans and 6 nicely pressed short sleeved shirts. I told her that I would be happy to take them and thanked her over and over. When I got in the car and took a closer look I realized that everything was perfectly sized and that the shirts were nice button down and golf type shirts from Polo, Hilfiger, etc. I was stunned. Having 4 kiddos, these aren't brands I buy. Shoot, who I am kidding, the stores I shop in don't even carry those brands - LOL! Just kidding! But, seriously, these are really nice clothes.

I had to smile as I told my Mom and D of my good fortune. I found it funny how she kept saying that something told her to stop me. Since we have become more active in the church, I have been looking to buy the boys some nicer shirts than the teen uniform of t-shirts they live in - LOL. While we can afford to buy new shirts (not these brands but new), I am happy that we now have some nice, gently used clothes and that the money I was planning on using for that can now roll into Christmas.

God does provide and sometimes where you least expect it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Miriam Pauline said...

WOW! That is awesome T. God does provide in ways that we don't always recognize. Blessings to you and to the lady who blessed you.

12:24 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

That's so wonderful! I'm thankful for the blessings you and she received!

4:26 AM  
Blogger _ said...

How wonderful. He certainly does provide when you least expect it. Andy has had this happen to him a couple of times...once when he was at the grocery store. It was awesome and totally not what he was expecting!

6:26 PM  
Blogger Jaime said...

wow, that gave me chills..
What a wonderful blessing you received today. hope T enjoys his new clothes!

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home