Stitchin', Schoolin' and Stuff

Random musings and down right silly fodder from one extremely disorganized southern gal... no accounting for taste. Homeschooling Mom of 4 and VERY proud of it!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Happiness

How do you measure happy? How can you tell if you are happy? Not in a sense of content and cared for but really and truly happy? I am plagued all the time by what ifs. What if I had not divorced my ExDH? Of course the obvious of not having Little D and Miss T but beyond that... what if I got back with him one day? Would it be better? Would I hate myself for leaving in the first place? I did almost go back one time but didn't and now have so much to show for my choice. What if I had kept my job and not decided to homeschool? The obvious of the boys still being in school, T being in daycare, me being unhappy with the job but beyond that... what if I never go back to work? Or, when I want to, what if I can't find a job? I think that somewhere in my mind I know that I worry too much. Ok, that isn't accurate, I guess. I mean, I KNOW I worry too much and much of the time it is about things that I have no control over. I need to stop second guessing and be content in my decisions, not look back and look forward and above all satified with who I am and what I have without doubt! I feel like I am happy with all of that but wonder if my constant what if problem clouds my happiness. Hmmmm... interesting thought.

I love D and my children with all of my heart. I love my family and my friends. I love my life and I love that I am able to stay with my kids and learn from them and with them. Love is happiness as far as I can tell. Can you be happy and have doubt? Well, I think that is inevitable. We are human afterall and not without fault. Maybe I am wrong... great, one more thing to worrying about. LOL

3 Comments:

Blogger Jaime said...

(((HUGS)))
It is so hard not to worry.
At the beginning of this year, I made a spiritual goal of learning to be content with whatever is going on with my life. It has been hard sometimes but I keep reminding myself that my life is good and it could be alot worse.
just know you are not alone!

9:44 PM  
Blogger . said...

I also made changes to try not to worry over things of which you have no control. It's made my life a WHOLE lot better (and easier!) It's hard but it can be done :)

4:20 AM  
Blogger _ said...

I think it's really hard not to second guess choices we've made and to wonder what if we'd done this or done that. I'm still trying to learn to be content with where I am and what I have and try not to wonder what things would be like if we'd done this or that along the way. I wouldn't trade where I am in life right now for anything but I think it's only natural to wonder what might have been. Nice post, Tina. (((Hugs)))

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home