Stitchin', Schoolin' and Stuff

Random musings and down right silly fodder from one extremely disorganized southern gal... no accounting for taste. Homeschooling Mom of 4 and VERY proud of it!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama

Friday, November 03, 2006

Book Worm

I used to be an avid reader. My oldest son is following me. We went to library yesterday and he checked out book 4 in the Pendragon series. He started it the second we left yesterday and finished it today. He is always anxious to write his book reports and told me tonight that he could hardly wait until Monday. LOL

While we were there getting some books on the Middle Ages, I walked through the adult section to find the cross stitch books. Well, on a table I saw a section set up which included the book "The Mermaid Chair" by Sue Monk Kidd. I had seen the previews for the movie that starred Kim Basinger but never actually watched it. So, I decided to check it out figuring that if I found the time I would read it but if not I would return it in 2 weeks just like so many other books. LOL

Today when I took the boys to park day I stuck the book in the diaper bag at the last moment. We got to the park at 1:00 pm and I started it shortly after. Needless to say, I finished it about an hour ago. Aside from driving, cooking dinner and two diaper changes, I did not put it down. I read straight through and was bawling like a baby at the end. I haven't read a book straight through in forever. WOW! It is an AWESOME book. I love the writing style. She doesn't dumb things down - she uses words and phrases and topics that intelligent women will relate to!!! THANK YOU!

Next week we are going back so that D can get book 5 and I will be checking out her first book "The Secret Life of Bees". I will let you know how it is! LOL

4 Comments:

Blogger Jaime said...

very cool!
I just love a great book.. I have now started to turn the tv off more and spend that time reading now...
I am off to start a new book tonight before bed :)

8:31 PM  
Blogger _ said...

My kids love to read as well.

I've never read any of Sue Monk Kidd's books. I'll have to check her out the next time I go to the library.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I LOVED the Secret Life of Bees. Must read The Mermaid Chair.

4:26 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home