Stitchin', Schoolin' and Stuff

Random musings and down right silly fodder from one extremely disorganized southern gal... no accounting for taste. Homeschooling Mom of 4 and VERY proud of it!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Name change...

Today we visited the church nearby again. The nursery greeted my daughter by name again and she went wilingly, which is a miracle. When I went to pick her up, they told me that they had changed her name. I smiled and the lady said "Her name is now TabaJaba". Apparently, she spent the whole time saying "Bay Be, Bay Be, Bay Be" which is a word she picked up this week. She also "sugared that baby in the mirror ALL up". Those of you who aren't from the south may not be familiar with 'sugar' - which can only mean all of those sweet sloppy, sugary kisses babys give. LOL So, now my jabbery sweetheart has a new name.

On another note, I have mentioned before that I know the pastor, went to school with him, as a matter of fact. Well, I noticed that the program listed his wife's name and it happened to be the same first name as a girl on my cheerleading squad who he went out with a couple of times. I have been wondering if it was her. Surely, it couldn't be, I mean, they seemed an unlikely couple but then again, HE seemed an unlikely pastor. LOL Today after I dropped the baby off, we were walking to the service and I opened the door for a lady approaching who had a baby in a stroller. As soon as I opened the door, I looked her square in the eye and realized he married her - LOL! I didn't say anything to her but I had no doubt that we both knew the other and she would probably tell him so I wouldn't have to! hehehe When the service started he came around for the greet and shook my hand calling me by first name. Now running through my mind, this is what I figured - one of two things happened - either she is REALLY quick and got to him before we got in there... OR he knew my first name from the visitor card I filled out a few weeks ago.

Surely, you think, I wouldn't be SO arrogant that I would think he would remember MY card out of all of the visitor cards they get... right? Wellll... I would have thought that too BUT we did get a welcome letter from him this week AND on the card we had to list all of our family members and their names and ages. Looking around, I realized that I was the only new person sitting WAY in the back 'hiding out' with 3 boys! ROTFL Kinda hard to miss. While I would like to think it was my winning personality from highschool that made him know me (snort), I am just figuring he is not a dummy and actually READS the visitor cards. BAWHAHAHAHAHA But seriously, I figure if I see her next week, I will speak. I mean, I didn't really 'know' him but her, well, I spent one grueling summer and one difficult school year being with the same 11 girls ALL the time - so her, I know pretty well. We weren't friends then as a matter of fact she didn't like me at all but I noticed today that even the vibe she gave off was different from 17 years ago and while we weren't close then, maybe we will at least be better now than we were! All in all, I really like the place. His sermons are incredible, the nursery loves my baby and people who have seen us for the past few weeks have started greeting us and shaking our hands. It is nice to be noticed. I really think this might be the place for us!

I will close for now, another boring fact filled post about the excitement that is MY LIFE! ;o)

4 Comments:

Blogger Miriam Pauline said...

I am so glad you are finding a church that *fits* you and the kids. LOL at the small world you live in--17 years may have made her an entirely different person as well.

11:33 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I love reading about your life!

And I love that both of us are on the "finding a good church for our families" journey. But I didn't know a SOUL in the church I visited yesterday.

4:42 AM  
Blogger Jaime said...

I am happy for you that you are enjoying your new church so far.
lol about knowing the Pastor and wife.

10:41 AM  
Blogger _ said...

LOL on Tabitha's name change. And glad the Pastor is finally out of his misery. LOL I think that's pretty cool that you know both him and his wife.

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home