Stitchin', Schoolin' and Stuff

Random musings and down right silly fodder from one extremely disorganized southern gal... no accounting for taste. Homeschooling Mom of 4 and VERY proud of it!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

"Another one, Mommy..."

Yesterday was CRAZY, we had two soccer games which meant eating dinner at 4:30 and leaving the house by 5:15 - we don't get home until almost 9pm. As usual, getting my youngest to do the work his kindergarten teacher sends home is a battle. Every week they do the same things over and over. Last night it was writing 1-20 one time. He knows how to do it, he has done it a million times. But yesterday and partly I think because Daddy was here, he fought me. First he wrote them all backwards, then when I told him to redo them, he tried to write over the ones he knew were wrong which created a big mess. He ended up in tears. Then, D stepped in, and told him THAT was why he is in school and not at home (which isn't 100% true). I got a little miffed when he ask him did he want to be at home with Mommy and his brothers. Of course, crying and mad at me, he said no, he didn't. D took that opportunity to say "Good, you will stay at XXX Elementary!" I came unglued telling him it wasn't a decision for an upset 6 year old to be making and that he needed to think before he said things like that... he got upset and told me not to ask ask for his help. Me, being me, of course pointed out that I didn't. Oppps... so, he didn't talk to me for the rest of the night.

Fast forward to today. D didn't go to work because he wasn't feeling well and I kept the little one home because I thought he could use a break after yesterday's meltdown. Well, he was the one that woke me up telling me he would be late to school. I told him he wasn't going to school today and he told me "No, Mommy, I will be late for YOUR school!" LOL I pulled out some worksheets and he got started. By this time, D had gotten up. After the worksheets were done, he came back 5 times to ask "another one, Mommy?" I could see by the 4th time that D was paying close attention to the exchanges. He ended up doing 8 workbook pages and 3 coloring sheets - more than he does in several days of school. After lunch we went to the library to get some books for our study of King Arthur on TruthQuest. I got one that was K-2 level with lots of pictures and when we got back, I ask if he wanted to read with us. Of course, seeing book with the pretty stanied glass window pictures he said YES! LOL Today we read that book and of course, tomorrow I will do the more age appropriate books with the older two. The older boys just took him to the playground and as they left I heard the little one say that he wanted to be Arthur and pull out that sword. :)

I did mention to D while we were eating lunch that what he saw last night ONLY happens when he gets home from school but that when he is with me, as he could see, he begs for more and does about 3 times as much work as I plan on him doing. I am hoping that he could see my point. I personally would like to bring him home now but I promised D he would stay and graduate kindergarten. I just wish I didn't hate getting up in the morning to take him to school. hehehe This morning it was nippy but I am sure it had no effect whatsoever on my decision not to take him to school... (are you buying that?)

Stitchywise I am 1/2 way done with "Here I Am" by SamSarah. I would like to finish it and have it framed before my baby girl's party this weekend so I can present it to my cousin for her little boy that was born last month. I usually don't work well under deadlines, especially when I try to be creative and convert colors as I go but so far so good. I will post a picture when I am done - IF it looks good. If it doesn't I am sure one of two things will "happen"... either I will forgot to take a picture before I wrap it OR the camera battery will be dead and I won't have any replacements. My excuses need some work so if anyone has any I can borrow, just let me know.

4 Comments:

Blogger _ said...

I'm glad D was able to see how excited your youngest was to be with you today and how much work he did and how excited he was about it.

Good luck on getting your project done. And we want to see a pic no matter how you feel about it. Don't you know we are our own worst critics?? I'm sure it will turn out beautifully.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Jaime said...

I can't wait to see your project completed.
((HUGS)) about the situation with D and Dexter.

7:25 PM  
Blogger . said...

It's so hard to see all sides isn't it. I'm glad you were able to point them out :) good luck with all the D stuff and school stuff :)

5:06 AM  
Blogger hollyday said...

I can't wait to see the project--I'm sure it is gorgeous :). Good luck with the Dexter and D issues ((hugs))

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home