Stitchin', Schoolin' and Stuff

Random musings and down right silly fodder from one extremely disorganized southern gal... no accounting for taste. Homeschooling Mom of 4 and VERY proud of it!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Santa's Worst Nightmare...

So, D went ahead and buzzed little D's hair tonight with the clippers and it looks MUCH better. I am happy and he looks presentable again and I am forgiven (by the little one at least) for my major messup.

Today in the mail we received the Toys R Us Big Toy Book. Now, I don't know about the rest of you but my brother and I used to sit with the Sears Wishbook all spread out on the floor and discuss all of the wonderful aspects of the *new* and *exciting* toys for the holiday season. I don't know if that book still exists but if it does, the Toys R Us book has nothing on it! Anyway, my older two aren't much interested in the same inspection of the mailbox goodie but the littlest one surely is...

Tonight I am sitting on the couching watching/listening to the tv while I stitch. Little D comes out to sit beside me bringing the colorful catalog and tells me he wants to tell me what he wants! I say, okay. He is pointing, I am "umm-hummm"ing and he is telling me stories about each thing he wants. This is from TV, we had this before but it broke so we need a new one, this one is really cool, etc. Finally he notices my lack of attention to his mission and questions me on my ability to remember everything he NEEDS. I suggest he get a pencil and mark his choices so that I can relay them to Santa. He goes to our school shelf and returns, perches on the end of the couch, legs crossed with the catalog spread on his lap - Spiderman pencil clasp firmly in his teeth as he turns each page. He inspects each item again, as if it is the first time. The commentary is much like before although he has now taken to telling me what the baby needs as well. Finally, the conversation changes as he closes the book and looks at me seriously...

"Mommy, will Santa bring me EVERYTHING I want?"
"No, sweetheart, he will just pick a few things. He has lots of kids to bring to, remember?"
"Yeah, that would be LOTS of stuff anyway, I don't have room for all of it." (chuckling)I shake my head in agreement.
"Hmmm... maybe I need to get a pen. He may get me the wrong things. That wouldn't be good. I would be really upset if I got the wrong things!"
"Well, if you get the wrong things maybe you would still like them!"
"No, I don't think so. If I got the wrong things I would be REALLY mad."
"OH, and do you think that is a good thing? I mean, what would you do, seeing that you would be mad and all?" (His little face ponders for a moment. His eyebrows furrow and he squints his big brown eyes and looks off. Suddenly, he has a thought...)
"Well, I would write him a letter! One letter for EVERYTHING that he gets me that is wrong!"
"He gets lots of letter, honey, what makes you think it would make any difference? Couldn't you just wait and tell him next year?" (HUGE sigh from him with his usual look of "Mom you are just not WITH it!")
"Well, MOMMY... it will be AFTER Christmas! He will be RESTING. He will be thinking his mail is gonna be bills. Oh, and vacation postcards." I stopped and looked at him.
"Vacation postcards?"
"Yeah, from the elves!" He shakes his head again - and I know he is thinking - crazy Mommy. Who ELSE would send him postcards... DUHHHHH...

So, here is MY thought process... why doesn't Santa get a vacation? Hmmm... perhaps his vacation is THEM being gone??? Wow, now that one to think on. I sure hope Santa brings him the right things or he will have tons of wrong gift letters mixed in with his bills and postcards. ROTFL

5 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

Uh oh. I hope that Santa doesn't get any wrong gift letters.

3:27 AM  
Blogger hollyday said...

Oh now that is too funny! My kids do the same thing--even Ian who is almost 9 LOL ;).

7:27 AM  
Blogger _ said...

LOL that is just too cute!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

What I want to know is, WHERE DO ELVES VACATION? Must be somewhere warm - Bermuda? Maybe they go to Florida for Spring Break? ;)

12:35 PM  
Blogger Jaime said...

lol
what a cute kid!

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home