Stitchin', Schoolin' and Stuff

Random musings and down right silly fodder from one extremely disorganized southern gal... no accounting for taste. Homeschooling Mom of 4 and VERY proud of it!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The HAIR apparent...

Ok, I need to whine a bit... ~sigh~ Boy, I do LOTS of that, don't I? LOL

Hair is a BIG issue in my house. Right now mine needs to colored and I hear about it often. My thoughts are this - silver is worth big bucks, right? So I figure right now, my head is worth WAY more that normal. hehehe I know, I know it needs to be colored but I just haven't had time. I spend my whole day eating bon-bons, napping and cross-stitching so it has fallen down my list of priorities. (Tongue firmly inserted in cheek!) Since T's party is this weekend, I will, of course, do it before then. I mean, I have a one year old, I shouldn't look 36~ Oh, wait, I AM 36. Bawhahahahaha

Anyway, on to the other hair in my house. T's won't grow. I am half a mind (yes, you may comment, I opened the door) to email Johnson & Johnson and tell them that there would be BIG bucks in baby rogaine. I mean, COME ON, bald is beautiful but a few springs to put a pony in wouldn't hurt. Now, D started shaving his almost to the scalp several years back. He said it was because he worked in an unairconditioned hangar and it was too hot. I bought that but now he is in a full heated & ac'd hangar working but still every month he scalps himself and has me do any spots he misses. The process only takes a few moments. He is *used to it* now and prefers it that way - or so he says. I will let you in on a little secret though, a few years ago he was going to let it grow in because I mentioned that I liked it better a little longer. Welllll, when it started to grow in it was - ummmm, patchy. I ask him about it and the next day it was back to its former cranium hugging splendor. Of course, that is just MY thoughts on the matter but I bet if YOU ask, it would be the whole "used to it" speel.

During the summer I told the boys (who had always been in private school which had haircut standards) that they could let their hair grow. And BOY, did they let it grow. T's grew to a beautiful mass of dark curls which everyone adored but last month, after one too many comments on his new "do" he ask for it to be cut. When I took him he got it WHACKED off, back to the way he wore it in school and might I add, complained about all the time. Older D let his grow too but his is so much like mine, fine and straight, straight, straight so he looked like something out of the 60's but it was so cute on him and made him look older. Ragged, but older. He got his trimmed a little last month but it has already grown back. I personally like it. AND I can tell him I like it and he won't run off and get it cut off because I say it. LOL Now for little D, Daddy D wanted his to grow out - so we did. Now he has the same thin, fine hair that we both have but blonde. He looks like a rag a muffin to say the least. I have been begging them both to get it cut. When I took the older two last month I tried to get his cut but he said No and Daddy said No so I passed.

Fast forward to yesterday. D's parents are coming to town for T's party this weekend. He mentioned that he was going to get his Mom to cut D's bangs. That rubbed me wrong, I mean, I have cut it a million times so I couldn't figure out why I couldn't do it. Finally, he said, fine cut it then. Soooo, tonight I take one wiggly, jiggly, hair cut aversion kiddo to the bathroom (see where this is going) to trim his bangs.

Step one, wet his hair and comb it out. His bangs are almost to his top lip! The kid can't see! I mean, please. So, I cut them right to his eyebrows. WOW, there are those big, deep shiny brown eyes I love. Then I back up and take a look. Hmmmm... bangs across, gooddddd... then from the bangs, the next level down is under his chin??? Huh?? Well, THAT won't work. Soooo, I cut it over his ears. Kind of. Well, I try anyway. Wiggly, jiggly, "I don't want a haircut" causes a huge hair mistake. Hack, I think is the word. So, I do the best I can. KNOWING, it looks awful but little I can do short of whacking it all off. Grrrrr....

I dry it.. a little better but BOY, does it looks awful! Brace yourself, Tina. It will be OKAY. It is JUST hair. It will grow back. I send him to the livingroom and hear "WHAT IN THE WORLD!" I come out and explain what happened. Explained that you couldn't have bangs at your eyebrows and sideburns to your chin! My reasoning falls on deaf ears. He is ticked, little D is saying "I didn't WANT a haircut" and I guess I should have let MIL do it. ~sigh~ I offered to take him tomorrow and have it fixed but NO, that won't work. I think it will make for nice conversation while I am away from D and his parents setting up for T's party. I wish I could be a fly on that wall. It is kind of funny... I mean, I know they are running out of things to discuss while I am out of the room, and this should be good for the whole weekend.

I am thinking about putting him in his too short jeans with the hole in the knee that I just put in the trash can just to make SURE their is plenty food for thought. ROTFL I am kidding of course. I know it isn't like that - at least I hope anyway. Soooo, my hair apparent is apparently I CAN'T CUT HAIR. I ask Older D if wanted me to cut his bangs and he looked at me for a moment. I could see the terror in his eyes - or at least part of the terror since they are hanging IN his eyes at the moment. Finally he glances over at little D and smiles sweetly... "That's okay, Mommy, I think I will let it grow out some more..." Ahhhh... spoken like a true gentleman. And little D's question to me? "Mommy, why did you cut my hair horrible?"

8 Comments:

Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins said...

My wife gets a little better each time I "suffer" through a haircut. The last time, though, it really wasn't that bad. Funny in my twenties I was far too vain to risk a "bad haircut."

Anyway. Hello. I am James.

Please join us for a poetic experience of sights and sounds:
www.promiseoflight.org

9:18 PM  
Blogger Miriam Pauline said...

rofl Tina, *Jewel* had NO hair until she was 18 months old. Now she has tons of it. Don't sweat it, T's will grow. As for the boys, stories like this is why I curb my instinct to cut *Flower's* bangs myself. lol It's just hair, it'll grow back.

12:04 AM  
Blogger . said...

lol I could to help but giggle at your entry. By the way, ZOe has very little hair (and SUPER thin) and she's THREE!

4:11 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

My niece was a little baldie until she was 2! Now she's got tons and tons of hair.

My husband shaves his head, too - but he's been going bald since college. He finally decided to just shave it when the barber kept giving him a "combover" - YUCK!

5:46 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

ROTFL

I trimmed my son's bangs/sideburns before school pictures (we didn't realize how soon in the school year they'd be and didn't get him a real haircut). Well some of you have seen THOSE pictures. The zombie look ones. Didn't even notice the bad haircut, huh? so fortunately he'll do a retake in November and NOW his haircut has been cut by a professional and looks great!

8:29 AM  
Blogger Jaime said...

LOL I love the way you tell the story.
I cut Alisha's bangs and sometimes they really look awful... Don't worry. most moms do this.
T will have hair soon. In a couple of months, you will be fighting her about it while trying to put up her hair

8:58 AM  
Blogger hollyday said...

ROFL Tina! You are so descriptive--I could picture the whole scene perfectly LOL ;). Ian's hair was almost black and very thick from the time he was born and everyone always assumed he was a girl! Didn't matter how many blue/sports/dinosaur outfits I put him in, I always got "what a beautiful girl" LOL ;).

12:38 PM  
Blogger _ said...

(((Hugs))) Tina. I know what it's like to have a little one with little hair. It does eventually grow though. And lol about the haircut and what you are envisioning the conversation around it to be. At least you can chuckle about. Andy cuts the boys hair and they've had some of those oops moments before too. The good thing is that it always grows out.

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home