Stitchin', Schoolin' and Stuff

Random musings and down right silly fodder from one extremely disorganized southern gal... no accounting for taste. Homeschooling Mom of 4 and VERY proud of it!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama

Monday, October 30, 2006

PURPLE WINS! PURPLE WINS!

Older D's team won their soccer ganme tonight. The team is about half boys/half girls ages 12-14. D is 13 and has only played once before and he isn't agressive at all. I was shocked when he wanted to play. His teammates are wonderful to him. They compliment him when he does well and reminds him during the game where he needs to be and what he needs to do. I usually don't tell people about his Asperger's unless they approach me or unless a situation comes up where it is needed BUT when he started this season, I decided to tell his coach. I am soooo glad I did. His coach is awesome and his daughter (who is the goalie) always has praise and encouraging words for D during the game. Most times I could just kiss her! This team has really built his confidence and for once he is with a group of kids his own age that don't treat him as an outsider. They know he is homeschooled and the only comments that got was "Cool" and "No wonder I don't see you at school"...

If you ask D he will tell you that I am the crazy Mom on the sidelines who knows everyone's name and yells for everyone equally (something he is very aware of - equal and fair). It used to be that I was the only that yelled like crazy for all but now, some of the other parents have caught my fever and do the same. Tonight during one of D's more stellar moments, he got his foot into a tangle and cleared the ball, the parents next to me beat me to the punch yelling "Great job, D!" He turned and grinned at me and them! I just love this kid so much. All the wisdom, intelligence and compassion you can fit into one little 5'1 frame and a smile that will melt your heart. I am so blessed and feel I must have done something terribly right for God to have chosen me to have this special, wonderful, perfect young man.

Ok, proud Mommy moment over for today. hehehehe Stay tuned, I KNOW I will have more. ;o)

4 Comments:

Blogger . said...

I love reading how proud you are :) It makes me smile...and purple ALWAYS wins, no matter what ;)

3:03 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Oh how wonderful! Go Purple!!!!

4:04 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Go Purple! I love that your cheering for everyone is infecting the rest of the parents :)

5:17 AM  
Blogger Jaime said...

woohooo! WAY TO GO D!!!!

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home