Stitchin', Schoolin' and Stuff

Random musings and down right silly fodder from one extremely disorganized southern gal... no accounting for taste. Homeschooling Mom of 4 and VERY proud of it!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Back to the grind and WAYYYY too much candy!

We went to Target tonight to pick up a few things. Leave it to us to go when they are marking the Halloween candy 75% off. We got a TON of candy for $11 - we are talking about a dozen plus bags. No clue what we will do with it all but D just kept loading more into the cart ~sigh~. He is horrible to shop with, I mean, last time I took him with me to Target we ended up with one of those Thanksgiving editions of the Jones Sodas. You know, the one that has flavors like Turkey & Dressing, Sweet Potato and Peas? Yuck!!! Not sure what he plans to do with it just yet.

Tomorrow we get back to somewhat normal. Two soccer games and ExDh is coming down for D's game. He hasn't seen him play. He is so excited about getting to come. He is an avid soccer player and is upset that he isn't around to help out, coach, etc. His best friend (D's godfather) was a player on the Austria soccer team years back and was one of the top ranked players over there. So, needless to say, soccer is a HUGE deal. We get along very well and it is always nice to see him. I don't think Daddy D sees it that way but oh well, the boys love that we get along and so do I!

My Mom just sent me an email titled "Natural Highs" and here is the list...
1. Falling in love.
2. Laughing so hard your face hurts.
3. A hot shower
4. No lines at the supermarket.
5. A special glance.
6. Getting mail.
7. Taking a drive on a pretty road.
8. Hearing your favorite song on the radio.
9. Lying in bed listening to the rain outside.
10. Hot towels fresh out of the dryer.
11. Chocolate milkshake (vanilla or strawberry).
12. A bubble bath.
13. Giggling.
14. A good conversation.
15. The beach
16. Finding a 20 dollar bill in your coat from last winter.
17. Laughing at yourself.
18. Looking into their eyes and knowing they Love you
19. Midnight phone calls that last for hours.
20. Running through sprinklers.
21. Laughing for absolutely no reason at all.
22. Having someone tell you that you're beautiful.
23. Laughing at an inside joke.
24. Friends.
25. Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about you.
26 Waking up and realizing you still have a few hours left to sleep.
27. Your first kiss (either the very first or with a new partner).
28. Making new friends or spending time with old ones.
29. Playing with a new puppy.
30. Having someone play with your hair.
31. Sweet dreams.
32. Hot chocolate.
33. Road trips with friends.
34. Swinging on swings.
35. Making eye contact with a cute stranger.
36. Making chocolate chip cookies.
37. Having your friends send you homemade cookies.
38 Holding hands with someone you care about.
39. Running into an old friend and realizing that some things (good or bad) never change.
40. Watching the expression on someone's face as they open a much desired present from you.
41. Watching the sunrise.
42. Getting out of bed every morning and being grateful for another beautiful day.
43. Knowing that somebody misses you.
44. Getting a hug from someone you care about deeply.
45. Knowing you've done the right thing, no matter what other people think.

The last one made me smile. She was really unhappy when we first started homeschooling although she admits now that it is working for us. BUT, she doesn't agree that I should bring little D home this year - she thinks we should keep him in school until next year. I find it interesting that she sent me this with a note about #45... I guess even when she disagrees, she knows I will make the right decision. Gotta love her!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger . said...

WOW that list hit me (I stole it for my blog, hope you don't mind :) It's amazing! Enjoy that candy lol , I'll pass on that soda, ewww

4:06 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Yep you sure can tell you've done the right thing. I love reading the stories of your successes as ALL of you learn together!

4:11 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

LOL - I bought that Thanksgiving soda pack for my husband! He heard about it a couple years ago, but we could only find it on eBay for mega-$$$. So when I saw it at Target, I snagged it. I think he's going to bring it into the office and dare his team to drink it.

5:49 AM  
Blogger _ said...

Good grief...what in the world are you guys going to do with 12 bags of candy?? There's going to be some serious sugar highs in your house. LOL I'll be happy to send you some more...we have way too much here. The soccer game sounds like fine. Glad you guys get along so well. Beautiful list!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Jaime said...

what a nice list. yummy candy!!!
did you get any m&m's or snickers??

11:56 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

No snickers or M & M's but Twix, Reese's and KitKats. I am killing myself not to eat more than just one. AND he got Sweetarts which is one of my favorites. Luckily the the Nerds are flavors I don't like so that is one bullet dodged. hehehe

12:35 PM  
Blogger Jaime said...

they all sound yummy.
i love the sweetharts too.
enjoy and just resist to 1 an hour.LOL

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home