Stitchin', Schoolin' and Stuff

Random musings and down right silly fodder from one extremely disorganized southern gal... no accounting for taste. Homeschooling Mom of 4 and VERY proud of it!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama

Friday, November 10, 2006

My son the author! hehehe

Some of you know the school deal with little D so I have been working with him at home until we take him out. Well, he has been writing his "vocabulary/sight" words for several weeks now. They are A, The, Said, My, That, Are, Is, etc. He is also reading short books. Beyond that he hasn't really written anything at school or here. So, last night he sitting on the couch next to me and he is writing his sight words for the millionth time. I tell him we should write some sentences. That intrigued him so he ask what I meant. I explained that he could write some sentences like The car is fast. Hmmm... he likes this idea. I also explain about the period and what it does. So he then writes some sentences: The cat is fat. That dog is bad. The car is red. My feet smell. (lol) He is so excited. We are excited and making a HUGE deal over it. So I tell him. Wow, you can write a story!!! You can tell his mind is reeling. His eyes get huge and his mouth drops open. He looks at me and Daddy and says "Ohhh, I can write a BOOK!" Gotta love a man with high expectations.

Daddy was VERY impressed because it took all of about 15 mins and he when little D left to tell the boys he turned to me and said "And all he does at school is take the test".

Here is a picture of the sheet he just brought me.


And here HE is in this Veteran's Day stuff!

4 Comments:

Blogger . said...

That's very impressive and he's SO cute!!!!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Jaime said...

aww. he is so cute!
That is awesome! He is doing 1st grade work!!!

4:45 PM  
Blogger _ said...

Aww, how wonderful! How cool that he's got such high goals for himself already. He's going to go far. Loved looking at his writing. And what a great picture!

10:06 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

WTG D!

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home