Stitchin', Schoolin' and Stuff

Random musings and down right silly fodder from one extremely disorganized southern gal... no accounting for taste. Homeschooling Mom of 4 and VERY proud of it!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama

Saturday, March 10, 2007

~School Days.... School Dazeeee~

133. One hundred thirty-three days. That is the number of days on my roll as of Friday. We have been homeschooling for 133 days. We have made it through holidays, 2 funerals and 1 broken arm. We have laughed, we have cried, we have done experiments and spelling bees... we sailed with Long John Silver to Treasure Island, built castles and completed more Math than I care to mention.

Friday the one that fought spelling tests last year and never got anything above a 70 got a 100. He was also a reluctant reader and now doesn't even use the a timer anymore for his 30 mins of required reading. Why? Because I usually have to tell him it is time to stop. LOL

My studious, book loving, book smart one just keeps exceeding my expectations. He laps up things as fast as I can give them. He also tutors his brother when needed. When he is done with his assigned work, sometimes he even asks if he can go ahead. :o)

And my little one, the one we debated on for so long to bring home from Public School is adding and subtracting like a little calculator. No trip in the car is complete with math facts flying. He is also reading like a champ.

I am truly, truly blessed. And, they want to continue - as do I.

I overhead Big D telling someone about homeschooling on the phone the other day. He was spouting off all of the information I thought he had ignored when I presented him with the facts about homeschooling and how it may be a good fit for us. Then he said "Hey, it is really working for us!" And I smiled - it IS really working for us.

3 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

I am so glad this working out so well for you! You and your children are flourishing!!!

5:12 AM  
Blogger Miriam Pauline said...

YAY!! It's working for us too, which is great and scary at the same time. I'm so glad it is working for all of you.

9:25 AM  
Blogger hollyday said...

It's so wonderful to hear you sounding so happy about it! It obviously was the right choice, both for the kids and for you :). YOu should be very proud of yourself :). ((Hugs))

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home