Stitchin', Schoolin' and Stuff

Random musings and down right silly fodder from one extremely disorganized southern gal... no accounting for taste. Homeschooling Mom of 4 and VERY proud of it!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama

Thursday, February 01, 2007

~Math Whiz Not Found...~

At least not in THIS Mom!! D is already at a higher level Math than I completed in High School. With T having his arm in a splint, I am having to do all of his writing. Lucky for me, HIS Math I know how to do. LOL

But, that brings me to next year. Yes, yet another sign I am officially a homeschooler as I have started researching already on the subjects where I wish to change programs. Math is one of them. For Little D, I may go ahead and order a 1st grade program now since that is his strong point and I can bribe him to do his writing sheets by bargaining with Math sheets - Bad Mommy - LOL! For him I am looking at Math U See, Miquon and Making Math Meaningful. All of them look great, I am just not sure which is best. For T, I am in a bit of a quandry. This year he is doing a program I found online for free and honestly, it is mostly review for him as well as strengthing some skills he was weak in - Math is one of his better subjects. I need to figure out a good 7th grade program for him and I really have no idea what that might be at this point. D has decided he wants to do Geometry next year. Since I am not a Math person, I need something that has the most assistance for ME I can find. This year he has been using Saxon for Algebra I because of the DIVE Cd which he has used all of twice I think. Neither of us like the program as they are little vague on some things and vary the extent to which they want things worked out from problem to problem. Confusing for me and him! So for now, I am open to suggestions. I am pretty sure I know what direction we are heading in everything else (with the exception of T's Science) but this one area is a stumbling block/guessing game.

On another note, my Mom and Dad are coming for dinner tomorrow - YEAH! The kids are excited. Of course, that means cleaning like fools tomorrow and also that they won't stay too long because of the drive from their house to ours ~sigh~. We are looking forward to seeing them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home